Back to Results
Back End Node.JS Engineer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a BackEnd Node.JS Engineer in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Build and implement front-end web applications and back-end services that integrate with other products.
- Validate requirements and system design.
- Automate and streamline existing processes, procedures, and toolsets.
- Ensure code paths are unit and functional tested using automation.
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-10 years of system development experience using a variety of the following technologies:
- Data: Redis, ElasticSearch
- Experience building highly scalable and performant single page applications used by millions of users
- Solid understanding of Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
- Strong knowledge of asynchronous and Promise patterns
- Extensive experience working with Open source SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience using different development methodologies including Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development
- Disciplined approach to software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, quality assurance)
- Preferred Qualifications
- Significant experience in web applications involving secure products handling personally identifiable information.
- A history of open-source contribution