Back to Results
DevOps Automation Engineer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our Client, a commercial consulting company in DC, is looking to hire a DevOps Automation Engineer to work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
This engineer should be passionate about CI/CD and wants to be part of the team that builds and maintains a client facing scaled, integrated tools that enable the larger software engineering community to accelerate development of quality software and facilitate their automated deployments. This includes the Source Control Management and CI/CD platforms that are used across the enterprise, such as GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, CircleCI, and Chef.
- Be responsible for developing infrastructure-as-code, deployment, administration, and governance of shared services within our predominant cloud infrastructure provider, using release automation to deliver in a software driven manner for our local clients.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development.
- At least 3 years of experience in the administration of Linux-based systems.
- At least 1 year of experience developing in a cloud-based infrastructure.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in software development, including a proficiency in two or more of the following: Java, Ruby, GO, Python, Perl, Groovy, Shell.
- 3+ years of experience using Agile (Scrum) practices.
- 2+ years of experience working with version control technologies such as SVN or Git.
- 2+ years of experience working with Jenkins for automated build and continuous integration.
- 2+ years of experience with large-scale design, implementation and support of a cloud-hosted platform on AWS.
- DevOps Tools Experience : Jenkins, CircleCI, Drone, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible