Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
The Technical Trainer integrates communication skills and multimedia knowledge with technical expertise to educate and train users and stakeholders. Incumbents in this position will be part of the development of operations, user, maintenance training and technical manuals and documents and will perform needs analysis, develop learning objectives and requirements for various customer training. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
- Requests, collects, and organizes data from other departments and customers to help develop technical and operational design documents and manuals.
- Analyzes and edits documentation text and artwork for grammatical syntax, format consistency, reading grade level, and Cubic standards and specifications as defined in customer contracts.
- Participates in meetings with the Program Management team during the document development process.
- Communicates status and quality of each document under preparation to the project or operations manager.
- Assists with the design and development of content for web-based or eLearning delivery platforms, including wiki content, online help systems, and interactive multi-media web content.
- Initiates document corrections and changes by coordinating with engineers and other personnel as needed.
- Coordinates changes to manuals, resulting from validation and verification, to ensure manuals accurately reflect operation and maintenance of the equipment, systems and/or services.
- Arranges for printing of manuals and documents.
- Ensures proper assembly and packaging of manuals and documents for electronic and hardcopy shipment to the customer and other stakeholders as required.
- Prepares, updates, and maintains status of schedules for each document project and maintains historical records and files.
- Coordinates and manages document version control.
- Keeps records of tasks completed and provide summaries of items needed to complete manuals.
- Four-year degree in electronics, engineering, or computer science, or equivalent plus 5 years’ experience in the technical training field.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- High degree of competence using Microsoft Word.
- An understanding of HTML, familiarity with general networking architecture, and proficiency in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Able to develop technical materials for web-based deployment using industry standard development tools such as Dreamweaver, RoboHelp, or similar tools.
- Ability to use and learn drawing and presentation packages, such as, Visio, and Power Point.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings and other engineering content.
- Speak, read and write English fluently.